I have been making my own bread for years. I have a bread machine which I brought to the Philippines from Australia and that has been my total experience in making bread until recently when it broke. I had already mixed all the ingredients using one of the recipes provided in the manual and with the machine broken I could either tip them out or try to do it manually.
I got a big bowl and started to knead the dough into the right consistency then covered it and let it raise for about 30 minutes. I then gave it another kneading and against covered it and let it raise then placed it in the oven and to almost my amazement an hour later a great loaf of bread emerged from the over.
Today I decided to try something new
I was looking around for special recipes and found this one.
1/2 cup pot butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 bananas (very ripe)
1/2 sour cream or milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
I made it with regular butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, eggs, sour cream (or milk), and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add baking soda and vanilla.
- Add flour slowly while beating.
- When mixed, add the bananas and beat until mostly smashed.
- Place in a greased loaf baking pan and bake for one hour.
The banana bread turned out way better than expected and was a hit with everyone that tried it. Not too sweet.
Here is my version: